Chris Salis is a renowned name in the field of Startup Consultancy and Business Strategy. His experience, mastery and accomplishments speak that what he is. His financial expertise has helped many new businesses and startups grow like they no competitors.
Chris not only gives advice but he also know the result as he has been into the industry and know every insight. As an advisor his main focus is his clients and their success.
Talking about his early days, he has graduated from Purdue University, West Lafayette, Indiana, US. Just after his graduation he got an opportunity in Adecco Employment Services. He joined as an IT Procurement Manager, then he became Senior IT Buyer and as his position rose in the company he soon became Strategic Sourcing Manager.
Later, he utilized his experience and whatever he learned at Gap Inc. He has also worked at eBay, Chris Salis has a dynamic role in this company too and with his efforts the company was able to achieve flawless operations and efficiency was also improved.
After this, in search of new challenges he joined another company in 2006, named Business Objects. This company’s specialization was in business intelligence and enterprise software services.
First he was appointed as a Senior Manager of procurement and strategy Sourcing, then he became Senior Director of Global Go-to- Market and Product Management, his previous knowledge and experience he soon got a new opportunity as a Executive Director and Chief of Staff-Office of the CEO.
If we talk about his contribution to the company those are innumerable but here a list has been given which are condensed in few words:
- He handled SAP Corporate Development
- Later when, Business Objects and SAP were merged he had C-level sales engagement.
His Role at SAP:
- Vice-President and Head of Global Sales, Line of Business Solutions for Procurement
- Global Vice president and General Manager
- Global Vice president and Head of Portfolio Go to market
Chris achievements and contributions as as follows:
- He assembled a strong global team of product managers.
- His strategy led to the acquisition of Ariba for $4.3B in 2012.
- He became the leader of Ariba post-merger.
- He commercialized the SAP Digital Business unit.
As everything is mentioned here, with here experienced and skills he has helped many companies to grow their revenue many times and has also worked to reduce the friction in the work. Chris Salis has worked with some of the famous company’s and he also became an integral part, his role must have been hard to replace.